Vancouver, An Award Winning City!
Vancouver is an awesome place. But don't just take our word for it - check out these awards that have been bestowed upon the City of Vancouver lately!
- Vancouver named 2nd best city in the world by Telegraph Travel Awards
- Vancouver named Top City in Canada by Travel + Leisure Magazine
- Vancouver named top North American City by Monocle
- Vancouver named one of the world’s friendliest cities by Rough Guide readers
- Vancouver named one of the world’s top 10 most liveable cities by The Economist
- YVR named best airport in North America by SkyTrax
- YVR ranked one of the best international airports to sleep in by The Guide to Sleeping in Airports
- Stanley Park named top park in the world by TripAdvisor Traveller’s Choice Awards, June 2014
- Sea-to-Sky Highway named one of the world’s best coastal drives by Conde Nast Traveler
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia ranked North America’s leading boutique hotel by World Travel Awards
The rest of BC didn't fare to badly either!
- Whistler ranked best overall resort by SKI magazine
- Whistler ranked top resort, top powder, top terrain park and top apres scene by Freeskier magazine
- B.C.’s Haida Gwaii named one of the world’s best trips to take in 2015 by National Geographic
- Vancouver Island ranked among world’s top 10 islands – Travel + Leisure Magazine
- Royal B.C. Museum ranked top museum in Canada by TripAdvisor.ca
- Okanagan Valley ranked in top 10 global wine regions to visit by USA Today and 10Best
- Restaurants ‘Wolf in the Fog’ in Tofino and ‘Farmer’s Apprentice’ in Vancouver ranked first and second in Canada’s best new restaurants by Air Canada’s en route magazine
It's not called "Beautiful British Columbia" for no reason! B.C. earned more than 17 travel accolades in 2014. Why not make plans to visit other parts of our beautiful province before or after the Symposium and enjoy some holiday time?